RIA AppPuncher 1.0.1 is available
Our new client/server debugging utility for RIA applications - RIA AppPuncher - has been a great success. A lot of people have downloaded the application and provided fantastic feedback. We have already started working on the requested features. Some of the users have experienced startup errors that prevented AppPuncher from working properly. The most common errors are shown below:
For Windows users:
- Could not find the man class: com.tmc.rtb.ui.Application. Program will exit.
- Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError
For Mac OSX users:
- Existing application in any way other than File > Exit does not restore proxy settings.
Today we released a patch build of RIA AppPuncher - version 1.0.1. The build fixes all the errors listed above. It also includes the following features and bug fixes:
- Added support for AMF0
- All views can now render Gzip compressed content
- Fetched XML content is now rendered in a structured view
- Methods re-invoked from AppPuncher UI now use different icon
- Uninstaller now deletes all the files added by the installer
- Selecting a session in the treeview select the corresponding session tab
- When a session is cleared contents of the request/response panels is cleared too
Please download the new release and make sure to let us know how you like it and what we could do better or differently.