WebORB for .NET 3.0.1 (with Performance and Invocation monitor)
We just released a new build of WebORB for .NET - 3.0.1. As with the previous 3.x releases, it is a unified build of the Professional and the Enterprise editions of the product. The build includes WebORB Professional 3.0.1 and WebORB Enterprise Beta 2. A license key controls which features are enabled. Without a license key, the product will run as WebORB Enterprise and will let you have 10 concurrent messaging connections and remoting invocations from 5 IP addresses.
Here's what went into the build:
- Real-time Performance Monitoring panel for the management console - provides a browser-based real-time view onto the performance counters traditionally obtained via the Windows perfmon utility. This is a similar functionality we showcase in this example.
- Added support for WebORB-specific Windows Performance counters - the product automatically submits invocation instrumentation data for all invocations. WebORB creates the following counters for each invoked method:
- Last invocation time
- Average invocation time
- Fastest invocation
- Slowest invocation
- Total number of invocations
- Added Invocation Monitor panel for the management console - the panel provides the capability to monitor invocation "traffic" and inspect values for the method arguments as well returned results. If you use something like ServiceCapture or Charles, you are already familiar with the functionality, so now we offer it too!
- Lots of bug fixes and performance improvements in the Flex messaging and RTMP implementation