Integrating with IBM WebSphere v.6
When hosted in WebSphere, WebORB plugs in as a J2EE web application.
Follow the steps below to install WebORB into WebSphere 6.x:
- Launch WebSphere server and start the Administrative Console from
the First Steps application.
- In the administrative console, select Applications ->
Install New Application from the options available in the left panel
to initiate the application installation process.
- In the right panel, click Browse and select weborb.war located
in the WebORB installation directory. Make sure to enter the context root
name for the web application (it is weborb in this walkthrough as shown
in the image below, but can be anything). Click Next to proceed to the
- This step requires no changes to the default settings. Click Next to
- Select the check box for the weborb.war module and click Next.
- Make sure the check box for weborb.war is selected. Click Next
- This screen displays the summary of the deployment. Verify the information
and click Finish to complete application installation.
- Once application is installed, click Save directly to Master Configuration.
This is required so that the application can be started.
- Select the Enterprise Applications link from the left panel. A list
of all deployed applications is displayed. Select weborb_war and click
- Once the WebORB application is started, a green arrow is displayed in
the status column.
WebORB services are now available and can be accessed at (the weborb context
path is configured in step 3):