Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

to get activemq example working Options · View
sdwcn
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2011 1:32:54 AM
Groups: Member

Hi Everyone,

I have installed latest Weborb4java 4.2 and started in standalone mode, and following the instructions from user manual i have got the sample "quickstart" working. From the console "messaging server \ destinations \ ActiveMQchat", and refer to weborb4Net working sample video:
http://blog.themidnightcoders.com/index.php/category/messaging/

I am trying to get activemq sample working as well with the easiest test approach "ajax client". So as do the same steps in the above video, i generated all the client code with the default configuration, the ajax client page could be shown without any warning, however by text messaging with a dummy client id, there is no response from server and message keyed in not shown in message box. (here 'no response' means no log shown in terminal log window, but pretty much sure that 61616 port is listening for activemq)

Anyone got any ideas what is the correct procedures to get the activemq generated code working? or any additional configuration required compared to weborb .net version?

Thanks
David
Mark Piller
Posted: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 10:10:30 PM

Groups: Administration

Hi David,

We released version 4.3 today and I'd recommend updating to it.

Make sure to select ActiveMQ Integration when you install the product. Once it is installed, run WebORB and open the management console. Switch to the Messaging Server tab. You will see a few ActiveMQ based destinations. Select "Code Generator" and generate the client-side code for the type of client you need (sounds like it is JavaScript - you will see an option for it).

Please let me know if you got any further with 4.3. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
twitter: midnightcoder
blog: blog.themidnightcoders.com
sdwcn
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 10:06:02 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks Mark,

I am able to get it working with version 4.3 following your instruction. Currently we already have activemq designed for messages inout, it would be nice to put weborb in front of activemq, do u know any documentation as start point that could possibly guide us to integrate an existing activemq with weborb? (it seems weborb has its own activemq instance listening at 61616) or maybe a complete js client api document that we could refer to, so that be able to interact with the backend?

Regards,
David
Mark Piller
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:58:12 PM

Groups: Administration

Hi David,

The internal activemq can be disabled by commenting out a listener which starts activemq in WEB-INF\web.xml

As for the configuration, take a look into WEB-INF\flex\messaging-config.xml, there should be a destination which is linked to an ActiveMQ destination. The same configuration specified in there should work. The JNDI properties WebORB will use are located in WEB-INF\classes\jndi.properties

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
twitter: midnightcoder
blog: blog.themidnightcoders.com