Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Deserialisation Issues - HELP Options · View
rodske
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:56:28 PM
Groups: Member

We have an issue whereby without warning weborb seems to be able to emit “invalid” AMF. Yesterday the issue seemed to be caused by an IEnumerable property on a type (let’s call it TypeA).

When I wrote a method that returned a TypeA instance, the behaviour seemed fine. When I wrote a method that returned another type (let’s call it TypeB) that has a property of TypeA, the AMF emitted cannot be parsed by flex or Charles. The message seen in Charles is something along the lines of “Failed to parse data (com.xk72.amf.AMFInvalidReferenceException: Reference to non-existent object: 2426” (the number appears to change). However, with the “FlashBug” firefox plug-in (which is also an AMF interpreter), I am able to see the transmitted AMF and it appears fine.

I fixed yesterday’s issue by removing- (or rather adding the [ExcludeProperty] weborb attribute to-) the IEnumerable property, which wasn’t strictly needed by flex anyway.

I have now run into another issue today where seemingly spontaneously I have started receiving the same error from Flex/Charles when transmitting a different type. However, this type does not have any properties of IEnumerable or other “unmappable” types on it.

I am very concerned that it’s nearly impossible to get to the bottom of this problem quickly without a trial-and-error approach requiring me to remove properties until the issue is resolved. I would welcome any advice as to how to proceed or resolve these issues effectively.

File Attachment(s):
FAIL.txt (62kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
SUCCESS.txt (62kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

Mark Piller
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:00:06 PM

Groups: Administration

Hi,

If there is any chance you could narrow it down to a particular service+datatype when the AMF appears to be invalid and share that code with us, we'd jump on it right away.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
twitter: midnightcoder
blog: blog.themidnightcoders.com
rodske
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 7:31:05 PM
Groups: Member

Attached now are 2 outputs being served from WebOrb. The one that fails has an additional object that we need to work & which works in isolation, just not when it's in it's correct place. It seems very unusual and apparently random.
Mark Piller
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 10:58:56 AM

Groups: Administration

Hi,

What would be even more helpful is if you could share the actual code which you invoke. Is it possible you could post it here or email to me? mark@themidnightcoders.com

Regards,
Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
twitter: midnightcoder
blog: blog.themidnightcoders.com