Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel in webconfig.xml Options · View
mavbzh
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 3:52:47 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,
I'm facing a problem trying to install WebORB 4.5 and running its administration console.

Since install with the .exe doesn't work at all (Setup end Prematurely, the log isn't very helpful for me), I do the zip install process.
When I want to access the console (step #3), I get a lots of errors popups "Send failed..."

Running diagnosics tells me that there is a configuration error :

Code:
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section system.serviceModel.

Source Error:
Line 121: 
Line 122:   
Line 123:                 
Line 124:   
Line 125:           

Source File: C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.5.0.31\web.config    Line: 123

My current configuration :
- .Net : 2.0.50727 SP2
- WebORB : 4.5.0.31

I wasn't able to find an precise answer on other forums yet but I think that's not only a WebORB issue. I've seen that system.serviceModel is not supported before .Net 3.0 but since WebORB 4.5 gives the opportunity to use .Net 2.0 version during install, I wonder what to do...

Can someone help me on that issue? Thanks
Mark Piller
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:49:14 AM

Groups: Administration

In your WebORB installation you will find an assembly for 2.0 at the following location:

[WEBORB DIR]\weborbassets\weborbbuilds\.NET2.0\bin

There is also web.config located at:
[WEBORB DIR]\weborbassets\weborbbuilds\.NET2.0\

Copy weborb.dll into [WEBORB DIR]\bin

Also make sure to copy web.config into [WEBORB DIR]\

Then re-run diagnostics and let me know if the problem is gone.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
twitter: midnightcoder
blog: blog.themidnightcoders.com
mavbzh
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 7:33:51 AM

Oh that's great, Thanks Mark. I can now access the console! I wish this was a little bit more described in the "Zip installation" section.

When I run diagnostics I have now this errors :

WebORB can write log files /logs directory does not exist

WebORB can generate client code System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.5.0.31\weborbassets\codegen\f269141a-f77f-4aa1-b027-e58893ddad4c' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Weborb.Util.Diagnostics.testFileWrite(String folder)

Changes from console can be saved in weborb.config System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.5.0.31\weborb.config' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Weborb.Util.Diagnostics.renderConfigValue(ConfigValue configValue, HtmlTextWriter htmlWriter)
Cyril
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:47:12 AM
Groups: Administration , Member

Hi,

mavbzh wrote:
WebORB can write log files /logs directory does not exist

create the "logs" directory and grand write permissions to your ASP account

mavbzh wrote:

WebORB can generate client code System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.5.0.31\weborbassets\codegen\ is denied.

grand write permissions to your ASP account for the "C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.5.0.31\weborbassets\codegen\" folder

mavbzh wrote:

Changes from console can be saved in weborb.config System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.5.0.31\weborb.config' is denied.

grand write permissions to your ASP account for the "C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.5.0.31\weborb.config" file
mavbzh
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 1:25:46 AM

OK, thanks a lot!
No errors on the diagnostic page :) great!

Now my only problem is to know why my license cannot be activated > "Unable to activate license key"
I've already sent a mail to ask for information about that other specific problem.