Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

WebORB.NET 4.3 Win7 WDMF Compile (RTMP) Fails - Fresh Install Options · View
fredmbarrett
Posted: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 8:21:11 AM
Groups: Member

I recently had to upgrade my SQL 2008 environment from SP1 to SQL 2008 R2, which turned out to involve a complete uninstall and reinstall of SQL, but that's a separate story.

I have downloaded WebORB.NET 4.3.0.1, cleaned out my 4.1.0.1 installation, and performed a fresh installation of 4.3 as System Administrator.

The good news is that the WebORB Console loads immediately. I can go into the Data Management console and it loads my database TABLES but doesn't load my database VIEWS. I have looked at the logs and see this error, although I don't know if it's related:

Code:
[Thread-1] WEBORB EXCEPTION:12/21/2010 7:04 AM:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4'
   at Weborb.Handler.NHibernateHandler..ctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

[Thread-1] WEBORB ERROR:12/21/2010 7:04 AM:Unable to create invocation handler - Weborb.Handler.NHibernateHandler due to exception Could not load file or assembly 'NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Moving forward, I try to compile my application. I have yet to get the Messaging Server running under Windows 7, so in 4.1 I would wait until the RTMP calls failed 4 times, and WebORB would then compile my application using its alternative method. In 4.3, WebORB fails the RTMP call on try #1 and then hangs, never compiling.

As is always the case, these things happen at the worst times in a project. Any known reason why a). RTMP won't start in Win7; or b). The WDMF compiler won't failover and build the "old" way?
fredmbarrett
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:05:12 AM

So after 4 days of working with the new 4.3.0.1 version, and uninstalling/reinstalling between 4.1.0.1 and 4.3.0.1, what I find is as follows:

Issue: Compiling the project in WDMF produces "Trying to connect to WebORB using RTMP, attempt 1" message, which then appears to hang the application. However, after leaving the app in this state for a l-o-o-o-n-n-g time (15 minutes if the logs are correct), it finally fails over ("using yet one attempt to reconnect" message), and then appears to complete the compile.

Observation: In my 4.1.0.1 installation on Win7 64-bit, the RTMP approach to compiling never has worked. It appears as though the timeout for failover (from RTMP compiling to the "other" method) has substantially increased, or something else is wrong.

Issue: WDMF doesn't load VIEWS from database.

Observation: WDMF 4.3.0.1 does not load VIEWS by default, whereas 4.1.0.1 did. When you drag the database onto the canvas, VIEWS are not loaded onto the canvas, however stored procedures are. You have to manually go back and get the VIEW and explicitly drag it onto the WDMF canvas.

Issue: Messaging Server is very inconsistent in running.

Observation: I can hit F5 and refresh the WebORB console, and 50% of the time I see the Messaging Server list the applications that are installed by default, and 50% of the time the service won't start and displays a blank section on the console.

Love the product, hate losing development days...
Mark Piller
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:33:16 AM

Groups: Administration

Do you work with the default installation of WebORB or deployed it into your ASP.NET application?

Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
twitter: midnightcoder
blog: blog.themidnightcoders.com
fredmbarrett
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:52:48 PM

Hi Mark...it's the default setup of WebORB. (C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.3.0.1).

I ran the installer as Administrator and did NOT (this time) install the Amethyst option.
Mark Piller
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 3:14:15 PM

4.3.0.1 has logic for auto-restarting the RTMP server if it bounces. The bouncing could occur when, for instance, you deploy a DLL into the bin folder. You can always check if the RTMP server is running by the blue glow around the house icon in the management console (upper left corner). I am not aware of any problems of the RTMP server being unstable in 4.3.0.1. We'll look into the codegen problem when the RTMP server is not running and will try optimizing that code.

Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
fredmbarrett
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:18:00 PM

After your post, I went back and restarted IIS, then went into the weborb console and restarted the compile process. It hung on the "...attempt 1" message, and so I went into the IIS manager and bounced the weborbNET35 Application Pool. This caused the console to move on to "...attempt 2".

After bouncing the pool a few times, the switchover of Codegen to its backup mode occurred.

Is there perhaps a configuration in the pool settings that your installer sets that might cause the failover to take gawd-awful long (greater than 15 minutes)?

I have a work-around now where I can at least get the compiler to a compiling state...
Mark Piller
Posted: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:19:56 PM

Before you even use data management, can you confirm that the messaging server is up and running?

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
fredmbarrett
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:50:14 AM

With the baseline WebORB install, I have run diagnostics.aspx and weborb.aspx?diag and both are clean. How do I specifically tell if RTMP is running (outside of the non-blue house), and what diagnostics are available?
fredmbarrett
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:17:56 AM

I rebooted the PC, and immediately went into the weborb console. It appears as though RTMP runs for a moment, because I get the list of default messaging applications, but the house is not blue. Also, subsequent refreshes do not display the list of default messaging applications, so apparently RTMP decided it was done.
Mark Piller
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:42:21 AM

You can verify if the rtmp server is running using the following approaches:

1. House icon in the console has blue glow
2. You get a list of the messaging apps in the console and when you switch to the "Messaging Server" tab, there is a tree of the apps
3. If you run weborbee.exe from the command prompt (the program is in the root of your weborb installation), it should complain that the port is taken

Did you install WebORB using the installer or the ZIP file distribution?

Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
fredmbarrett
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:54:16 AM

Hi Mark:

I installed using the WebORB installer. Selected default settings for everything except chose http://localhost/weborb43 instead of http://localhost/weborb4 as default location, and did NOT choose Amethyst install.

House icon does not show blue, however one out of five (or more) IIS restarts will render a list of messaging applications (still no blue icon however).

Ran the weborbee.exe app and received the following:

Code:
C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.3.0.1>weborbee
WebORB Standalone Server 4.3.0.1 (C) Midnight Coders, Inc. 2003-2010

use weborbee -help to see all command line options

loading config from C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.3.0.1\weborb.config
WEBORB INFO:loading type: Weborb.Management.ServiceBrowser.Browser.AssemblyBrows
er
WEBORB ERROR:NHibernate.dll wasn't found. NHibernate Service Browser and Handler
won't be working
WEBORB EXCEPTION:System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembl
y 'NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798df
db4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95
f207798dfdb4'
   at Weborb.Handler.NHibernateHandler..ctor()

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = suntori\Fred Barrett
LOG: DisplayName = NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyTok
en=aa95f207798dfdb4
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files/WebORB for .NET/4.3.0.1/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : weborb, Version=4.3.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
===
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.3.
0.1\weborbee.exe.Config
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\
v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.4000, Culture=neutral, Pub
licKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/WebORB for .NET/4.3
.0.1/NHibernate.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/WebORB for .NET/4.3
.0.1/NHibernate/NHibernate.DLL.
.0.1/bin/NHibernate.DLL.
.0.1/bin/NHibernate/NHibernate.DLL.
.0.1/NHibernate.EXE.
.0.1/NHibernate/NHibernate.EXE.
.0.1/bin/NHibernate.EXE.
.0.1/bin/NHibernate/NHibernate.EXE.

WEBORB ERROR:Unable to create invocation handler - Weborb.Handler.NHibernateHand
ler due to exception Could not load file or assembly 'NHibernate, Version=2.1.2.
4000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa95f207798dfdb4' or one of its dependenci
es. The system cannot find the file specified.

WARNING!!!: The Standalone Mode is available with the Enterprise Edition only. T
his instance will shut down in 30 minutes

WEBORB EXCEPTION:System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each sock
et address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress
socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at Weborb.Messaging.BaseRTMPServer.start()

C:\Program Files\WebORB for .NET\4.3.0.1>

Mark Piller
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:06:48 AM

Hi Fred,

It looks like you have another instance of WebORB (definitely an older version) running on that computer and taking the port 2037. This would explain all the problems you're having. Either uninstall *all* weborbs or stop all the app pools where other instances may be running.

Regards,
Mark

Mark Piller
Midnight Coders, Inc.
robo
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 2:18:09 PM

The other thing to try is clearing the browser cache. I had the same problem and this did the trick.
dixoncb
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2011 9:05:16 AM

Did this solve your problem? We have yet to get WebORB for .Net V4.4 working with Windows 7 SP1. We have the same symptoms - the disappearing Messaging applications, the appearance that the service starts then just seems to die. Once, just once, did we get the Chat application working, but only to echo input on the same client - other clients didn't connect. We have spend many development days on this...